Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Winter Wonderland

{the buttery feeling leather of these purple cashmere lined gloves make me actually crave cold mornings just for an excuse to wear them}
 
 
First official post of 2013! I must say, my mind, unfortunately, has been on January for a couple of weeks now. I didn’t want it to be, but the past 6 weeks have been so filled with go-go-go activities and celebration, I feared the after-holiday blues may hit harder this year than in the past. I want to fill my social calendar so the dreaded after-holiday lull doesn’t come into play. I must say, that was my mentality prior to last Thursday. Now that Dave and I are planning a wedding, I’m THRILLED to say “hola” to January. This is NOT going to become a wedding blog on my end. PROMISE. But it does make welcoming in 2013 even more enjoyable.
 
Alright, enough of that… since it is officially Winter (as of December 21st, according to the calendar) I thought I would share my favorites of this season, similar to my favorites of Fall post. I love Winter. I love the holidays, I love snow (not driving, but playing), I love college basketball and I love ringing in the New Year (clean slates). Even though I have come to find that New Years Eve is overrated, I still maintain a sliver of hope each December 31st that the festivities will be the “best ever”!

P.S. Happy Birthday Dad!

Here are a few of my Winter favorites:


{lights... everywhere, even past the holidays}

{the spirit is everywhere! even on a wall mounted bear at one of our favorite downtown bars}
 
{tights! I love any reason to spice up what you thought was a tired outfit with a seasonal twist}

{seasonally appropriate time to wear various wintery/hippie hats + scarves}
 

{holiday inspired scented candles + lotions}
 

{this season will always remind me of my engagement night - Court and I have this in common}

{just a glimpse into the romance - didn't even care about the clean-up process}
 

No comments:

Post a Comment