Friday, January 25, 2013

Friday Five!



                           {engagement roses – beautifully dried and resting in a mason jar}


Oh Friday. How I love you so!

To sum up this week, all I have to say is “Brrrr it’s COLD in here”! I think I’ve used that phrase more times this week than anything else (I believe it even beat out “I love you”, which is ludicrous). Even though it’s winter, I’ve grown quite accustomed to LOWS in the high 30’s and sunshine-y weekends. Given that the last 2 winter seasons have panned out this way, between the arctic blast of wind chills in the negative double digits and blizzard-like white out conditions, this week has quite literally taken my breathe away. I get ready with my space heater in the morning, sleep with my heating pad at night and witnessed Max turn up the heat in our apartment for, possibly, the first time ever! Looking cute this week has not been a priority, it’s been making sure you walk outside and limbs don’t completely fall off!

Also, I didn’t’ make the best life decision this week… I decided it was ok to drive the 45 minutes to Kalamazoo for a hair appointment with my favorite colorist, Dodi. While the drive there (in the daylight) was fine, the drive home (not in the daylight) was a nightmare! I NEVER want to experience that prolonged terror again! P.S. When temperatures are that low, the de-icing salt on the road does not work… lovely! 

Even though, the conditions this week have been less than ideal, I must say I’m a little giddy that we finally have snow to play in (NOT DRIVE IN!!). This weekend we were supposed to head to Bay City for ice fishing (the boys; the girls would go shopping), but the lake conditions aren’t exactly cooperating. So instead we’re spending a relaxing weekend at home, going back and forth between sledding (Max can’t wait to pull me behind a 4-wheeler… crossing my fingers I walk away with no broken bones!) and bundling up by the fireplace, or holed up in our local watering hole watching the Winter X-Games, a sporting event I look forward to every year. Hopefully all of this will be able to fit into our Winter Wonderland weekend (with spiked hot chocolate? mmmmmm).


Friday Forte: Takeit Easy – Surfer Blood (this song totally makes me wish it was summer time or I was back in Mexico!)

Here are some things that made me happy this week:


{crisp new blazer that I’m already envisioning with three or more outfits}


{loving my office even more with a different chair – Max and I did a swap-a-roo and even though it doesn’t exactly match the light colored theme, it’s covered nicely with my favorite blanket from my soon to be brother and sister-in-law}


{fun bowl to keep my engagement ring in when I’m not wearing it (which is not often)}


{“trash can” soup that I’ve been eating every night out of my mustache mug; literally everything is thrown in this! Delicious!! – add a dollop of mashed potatoes… why not?!}

No comments:

Post a Comment