Monday, January 21, 2013

Heavenly Mashed Potatoes



I’ve always loved mashes potatoes. Since I was a kid they were my favorite part of Thanksgiving dinner. Plain & simple. I love(d?) them as is.  Enter Max. He’s taught me that mashed potatoes can be so much more than a creamy, buttery side dish (which is still AMAZING, don’t get me wrong). Mashed potatoes are becoming a staple around the Stites-Maxey home. Ever since I was introduced to horseradish, a titch of ranch and green onions added to somewhat lumpy (my preference) mashed potatoes, I’ve been in heaven. These things are so chock-full of flavor and so deliciously satisfying, it’s no wonder they haven’t replaced my addiction to chips. I must say, these bad boys don’t last very long when there’s a full container in the fridge.

You can follow this recipe here for instructions, but for the heavenly kick we love add 1/3 - 1/2 cup your choice of ranch dressing, sauteed onions (or green onions, we only had regular on hand) and 1 tablespoon of garlic powder. 

P.S. Some of the pictures include a slight topping of leftover chili that we had. I must say that was an interesting and DELICIOUS addition to an already hearty meal. 

ENJOY!









1 comment: