Monday, January 28, 2013

DIY – My Magazine “Bible”




I have a subscription to SELF magazine. I love everything about this magazine, including the recipes, music suggestions, fashion, various beauty product recommendations, etc (oh yeah, and the fitness info is cool too J). Whenever I receive SELF in the mail I make it a point to read it from cover to cover within the next few days.

With that being said, I hate clutter and between my SELF, US Weekly and In Style subscriptions (not to mention Max’s Bon Appetit and our combined MSU Alum magazines), things tend to pile up. I have no problem recycling US Weekly but find it hard to part with other magazines that provide such great information and helpful tips. So I decided to create a binder that combines what I love from all of the above (kind of like Pinterest but a printed version). This puts everything in one place and is user friendly and organized enough to flip through for inspiration whenever the mood strikes! I have organized this binder in 7 categories (and growing): 

1)       Workouts – actual tear-outs from magazines, kept in nice shape in individual clear envelopes
2)       Fitness – all other workout related articles I deem worthy of the “bible”
3)       Yoga Love – fun articles or different information related to yoga
4)       Foodies – recipes, information on best foods for skin type, “beating the bloat” , etc
5)       Musical Inspiration – great workout playlists, celebrity top picks and everything in between
6)       Fashion – documenting latest trends and fashion forward articles/pictures (my own look-book)
7)       Beauty – makeup, hair & skin tips… best products to use
8)       Miscellaneous – anything else I want to hang on to J

One day I’ll consider this to be a waste of space, but until then, it’s like an adult scrapbook. As the binder reaches its capacity, I’ll most likely re-assess its contents and clean out accordingly (or just get a larger binder?). It’s going to be an ever changing “bible” but one that will keep me motivated and inspired in many aspects of my life for the foreseeable future. 



{Nina Dobrev = inspiration}

No comments:

Post a Comment