Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Under the Sephora Spell




I used the exact same beauty products all throughout High School and College: any foundation, concealer, bronzer, blush and mascara brands you could buy at any drugstore (I still wear by Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume mascara… I swear by it!). One day I looked at my makeup drawer and realized there were dozens of products in there that I didn’t use. Tons of foundations, bronzers, under eye makeup, complexion evening powder, you name it. There were countless products that I bought but then never used. Either the color wasn’t right, it looking to caked on, it didn’t cover enough, etc etc. Nothing was right and nothing worked for my skin.

Enter Sephora (which FINALLY opened a store in Grand Rapids a couple of years ago). I knew about Sephora long ago, but it was always that unattainable store that you would have to travel to Chicago and beyond to visit. Not ideal.

Since Sephora has finally graced it’s presence in my life, I have slowly started to incorporate nicer brands into my makeup mix and now have completely (almost) transformed my routine into Sephora only products. Sometimes I wish this wasn’t the case (it’s costly), but once you’re used to one product that is more designer level quality, it’s hard not to slowly invest in others. While chatting about my makeup woes over coffee with a co-worker, she suggested a couple of brands to check out. Off to Sephora I went, where they let you test out all products before purchasing, and fell in love on site. To ensure I wasn’t making the decision to quickly I spoke with one of the consultants, tried on some other brands, and ended up landing on a different one that worked better with my skin type. 

The rest is history…

With that being said, here are the products I use on a daily basis:


Foundation - Smashbox Studio Skin (3.1)
Bronzer - Tarte Mineral Powder (Park Avenue Princess)
Blush - Tarte Amazonian Clay (Dollface)
Finishing Powder - Make-Up Forever High Definition Powder
Mascara - Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume (Very Black)



No comments:

Post a Comment