Monday, November 26, 2012

Thank YOU, Break Time!

Well rested. Well read. Well run.  Well fed.
That was my life last week as I had 5 whole days off of work.
It was fantastic.
I'm doing my best to get back in the groove of things, but still fantasizing about the joys of Thanksgiving break...

Not only did I get to finish the new novel I ordered for vacation, I also got to do lots & lots of reading about some dishes I'd be making for Thanksgiving,  and others I hope to make soon. Luxurious reading...

I visited Urban Roots and got myself a new family of succulents.   

Appreciated the peonies in the garden outside of the library.

I attended a beautiful (and mercifully short) Catholic wedding of a former co-worker and now dear friend. Lovely time. 

After SEVERAL trips to the store and DAYS of preparation, our fridge was ready for game day. 

Bright and early Thanksgiving morning, I ran the 5 mile Turkey Day Race and did quite well. I ran it in 42 minutes (+ change), 
placing #126 out of 1052 female racers.  
I felt great the whole time, body + mind + heart 
(the best way to run)
The weather was absolutely perfect! 

Next race: HALF MARATHON!! 
Seriously, getting very excited now...19 days of training left!
DECEMBER 15th...AHHH!

After my post-race rituals were complete, the apartment was clean, and the food was starting to cook, Monkey and I awaited our guests watching the Lions begin a disappointing game (sorry, Mom).

I followed the recipe recommended on one of my favorite food blogs and (first solo attempt ever!!) our turkey came out 
BEAUTIFUL & TENDER & JUICY!! 
We were so proud!!  (Look, the legs just fell off!) 
It tasted 2x as good as it looked!

Granny & Grandpa's famous mashed potato recipe. Another hit. 

Girlfriends hanging out right before the big meal 
(the boys were in the kitchen!).  
Thursday was actually Friendsgiving for us --our first 
(with family over 1000 miles away)

I think Monkey actually got sick of me being home, 
day after day, 
hour after hour 
for an entire week.

I constantly took pictures of him. 

He was seriously annoyed...

But that didn't stop me!


Now, only 19 [school] days until Christmas break. 
(Yes, Meggie, all teachers count down until the next time we're off).

Hope I'm not the only one who had a glorious Thanksgiving! 

Happy Holiday season to all!!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment