Saturday, November 10, 2012

Crescent City Fall Classic 5K

Another one in the books! This morning's race snuck up on me.  I am normally super-prepared with my clothes laid out, bib & shoe tag picked up, bag packed, everything...but for some reason, the fatigue from this week dissolved all of my rituals.

That didn't keep me from getting excited about the event, though! 

Liz, my usual race buddy, joined me today. She and I have been friends since my husband and I first moved down here, almost 6 years ago!

We rode together to City Park, where the race was being held. 



Spirits are hard to dampen when you've got scenery like this! City Park is twice the size of Audubon and 4 times as beautiful. 

There were so many runners signed up for the race, and even more 
rolling in for late registration, the organizers said that the 
start time would be delayed by half hour. 


Instead of waiting around, we decided to use the 30 minutes for our warm-up jog and go back to my car so I could change into a sleeveless shirt. 
(The sun was rising quickly and things were getting very hot.)
We thought we were going to be fine on time, but as we were just a 1/4 mile from the start, we heard the gun! 
We ran up to find spots in the crowd as people were slowly, impatiently creeping toward the start line...and then we just kept on going until we reached the finish line!  
Neither of us made the time we wanted, but we had fun as always. 

I decided against the beer today and went for more 
practical post-race refreshments. 

The bumper sticker came from people who gave these to us.  I snacked on Nutella on a WAFFLE. Brilliant & delicious. 

We also got a t-shirt featuring comic book inspired runners.

Llizzy goes to the farmer's market in the Central Business District (CBD) 
every Saturday...so instead of cutting our date short, 
she invited me to come with her! 

I got a bag of delicious, juicy local satsumas. They were a perfect and delicious treat enjoyed once I was  finally home and back to my regular weekend routine. 








No comments:

Post a Comment