Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Songs that Inspire my Morning Self

{this pretty much sums it up...}

I didn’t use to be a morning person. In fact, I used to be the OPPOSITE. I was cranky, lethargic, and possessed an overall lack of motivation. At some point throughout my 4 years at MSU, that changed. Somehow I turned into the person that loves the morning and finds that once up, I am at my most productive during this time of the day.

I’m not sure what happened to make this change. Maybe it’s growing up and maturing, maybe it’s because I discovered coffee. Whatever the case may be, these songs have no particular meaning to them besides the fact that they inspire motivation in my morning self. They make me feel a combination of inspiration, motivation to take on the world, and an overall level of upbeat-ness:

  1. Stay or Leave – David Matthews Band
  2. It’s Amazing – Jem
  3. Something More – Secondhand Serenade
  4. Call N’ Return – Hellogoodbye
  5. Pony (It’s Ok) – Erin McCarley
  6. Life is What You Make It – Number One Gun
  7. Chances – Five for Fighting
  8. Can’t Hold Us (feat. Ray Dalton) – Macklemore & Ray Lewis {song also mentioned here}
  9. Get Some – Lykke Li
  10. My Love – Justin Timberlake
  11. You’re Not Alone – Saosin
Come December, there are most definitely some seasonal tunes added to the mix! Nothing like a little boy-band holiday cheer to kick start your day.

**Image via

No comments:

Post a Comment