Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Thinking of you...

Recently New Orleans had a weekend devoted to the arts.  Local galleries opened their doors to people who wouldn't normally enter and other unique shops along Magazine Street took advantage of the extra foot traffic. There was wine and snacks served from local cellars and a shift in mood as the busy work week faded to weekend guilty pleasures.

There was a sale at one of my favorite spots, The Bead Shop, so I popped in for a couple of pairs of earrings.

Turquoise is usually my go to...so no surprises here.


The red ones, on the other hand, were an attempt to add some color to my usual tan, black, gray & navy work wardrobe. (And they'll come in handy over the holidays).


After I left The Bead Shop, I decided to enjoy the beautiful evening and look in the shops I don't usually go into.  I was by myself, so I tucked my earbuds in, accepted the free spirits and hit the sidewalk.

What I found were many things that reminded me of my baby sis...


Beaded purses. No explanation needed. There were many more that were even cuter, but I was starting to get looks.


What is this?  I mean...what is this other that pointlessly beautiful?


I can see jewelry hanging from this in the corner of Meg's purple room. 


Who knows...they'd work somewhere. Are they tables? Are they stools? Who knows...


I know how much Meggie loves her green stuff these days. 
This would be perfect in a guest room when she and Max have a house. 


I actually want this in red for my own condo next to my reading chair...
let's see what hubby says...


Just a cute piece. I can see either of us having this. The store is amazing.  And temptingly located next door to me! 

Miss you, sis! 






No comments:

Post a Comment