Sunday, October 21, 2012

Baby Boy

This post is dedicated to my best friend (well, my best friend other than Meggie, of course).  Her name is Nicole, but I call her Cole.
Anyway, this past Thursday she delivered her first child, a precious baby boy named Andrew David.  They plan to call him Drew.

I won't put photos of him up here, but I have seen a few and he is a bundle of pink baby cheeks and nose and fingers and toes. I love him already & I can't wait to meet him.  He is a  blessing to Cole's family and to the world.

So, in lieu of pics of Baby Drew, I'll show some cute & funny shots of my own baby boy. Meggie texted me a photo of 2 adorable bulldog puppies this morning, so I'm inspired to share (and brag).

This was the day we brought him home. The breeder had his ears glued back to look like tiny rosebuds. Apparently it's pretty common with show bulldogs, which his family was. We chose to let him go natural. 

One of his first morning stretches. He was a tiny baby at this time.  
He still starts every day this way. It's hilarious.

You can just tell he's a baby.  Look at how soft and pink the face is.  
(Man, I've really got baby bully fever...next summer maybe...)

Our first trip to Audubon park. There was a lot of stimulation for him and it was a lot to take in, what with the ducks, other dogs, and all of the people stopping to pet and admire him...

This was him on the way home that day. He was knocked out! 

We had the dream that Monkey would one day be a 
skateboarding champion...all he does is bark at it. 
He doesn't really like anything on wheels. Maybe his baby brother or sister will like to skate.  I've heard bulldogs do better if they watch a human do it. Maybe Meg can show our next baby how to do it (hint, hint, Aunt Meg).

Very soon after we got him, we decided to hop in the car and drive to Michigan to surprise the family.  Jackson slept on the floor of the back seat for most of the 18 hour drive! 
Look at that little tummy!
After his first snow, I threw a snowball at his face. 

He's a great cuddle buddy during a movie. 



Waiting for us to come sit with him on the couch. His tongue dries up and starts to get stiff after awhile...it doesn't seem to bother him. 

Getting ready for Mardi Gras parades. 

Deep in thought.  What is he planning to do?
  

This is Duckie, Jackson's first love (God rest her soul).  
He was once smaller than her. 


In addition to objects on wheels, he doesn't like anything on his head. So, much to mommy's disappointment, this was the only way to get him with his 1st birthday crown. The table he's under was a regular escape spot for him when there was something he was avoiding. 


Napping with daddy. 

He actually fell asleep standing up after a Fourth of July party at our friends' house.  (I think that was also the night he got into someone's beer). 

I have this picture in my office. 
Probably one of the sweetest faces I've ever seen. 


There are SO many more pictures of this little boy.  More will come in future posts.  Hopefully this time next year there will be another one to brag about.  








No comments:

Post a Comment