Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Runnin' Up That Hill

** Disclaimer** Court – you will LOVE this post!

I’ve never been a fan of running. Even when I was at the peak of my 10 year gymnastics career, endurance was never my strong suite. PERIOD. And while I do prefer swimming (easier on my ex-gymnast joints) I just can’t get myself into a pool during the Fall and Winter months. It’s too reminiscent of my high school diving days. Don’t get me wrong, I loved the sport, but thinking back to those Fall days in a cold pool makes me cringe and quite frankly, want to cry. With that being said, I realize weight lifting and yoga, even though it does in fact get my heart rate up, are not enough. So I have started incorporating cardio into my routine, not on a daily basis (yet), but I’m working on it…

Music is a big driver of my moods, so here are 10 songs that get me in the running frame-of-mind:

1. I Came to Party - Deuce
2. This Could be Anywhere in the World - Alexisonfire
3. Miami 2 Ibiza – Swedish House Mafia & Tinie Tempah
4. Run Wild – Phantoms
5. Can’t Hold Us (feat. Ray Dalton) – Macklemore & Ray Lewis
6. Closer – Kings of Leon
7. How to be a Heartbreaker – Marina and The Diamonds
8. Where Have You Been – Rhianna
9. No Light, No Light – Florence + The Machine
10. Adagio for Strings – DJ Tiesto (also the song that is my alarm in the morning)

** WARNING: Some contain Explicit Lyrics

Since I loathe running so, here are some things, besides music, that help keep me motivated:
{you always feel better when you look good... my girl Nina Dobrev is inspiration in itself}

{since I simply can't say no to sweets with Halloween spirit looming, extra workouts are a MUST}

{Mexico is quickly approching! This picture is from my last trip there in December 2007}

No comments:

Post a Comment