Monday, October 29, 2012

Songs That Will Save Your Soul

Ok, so the title above is a little dramatic, but go with it…
I dedicate this post to my intelligent, strong, capable, amazingly beautiful sister. I owe so much to her. I could write an ENTIRE blog on this topic alone...
Life has their ups and downs. I think Courtney should be commended for how she’s handling every curve ball that’s been thrown her way. Not just with her career, but everything life has to offer, both the good and the bad. She’s handled all situations with grace, courage and dignity, all the while her love, sense of humor and support has not wavered. Every life that Courtney has the opportunity to touch has become better because of her. Period.
I don’t like to make a habit of being sappy; it’s just not my style. But, for my sister, I’ll always make an exception.
So CLINK to the amazing Mrs. U J Aka Wife, Sister, Daughter, Grand Daughter, Friend, Confidant and Mentor to so many amazing, and lucky, kids. Have a glass of wine, take a bath (in your huge tub) and get lost in the melodies that will save your soul (not the lyrics in all cases, but the music is beautiful and inspiring in itself).
  1. In Safe Hands – Badly Drawn Boy
  2. Suggestions - Orelia Has Orchestra
  3. Happiness – The Fray
  4. Psychasthenia– William Fitzsimmons
  5. Out of Reach – Matthew Perryman Jones
  6. Here Before – Lissie
  7. Seasons of Love – Shiny Toy Guns
  8. In My Arms – Plumb
As long as you have love and laughter, everything else will follow (not trying to be cliché... promise). Hopefully the below will provide both of these things. LOVE YA SIS!
{just Aunt Meg with her Nephew}

{we're only one iPad call away :)}

{I was bored... enough said}

{"come on, that's not running, LET'S GOOOOOOO"}
{totally worth gaining a couple pounds!}

{classic sis and bro in law}

{clink! Everyday is a celebration Court... remember that}

1 comment:

  1. I think about that episode of Friends a lot when I'm out on a run!! Thanks for the visual :)
    Also, can't WAIT to download some of the songs you've recommended in two of your recent posts...like, I'm doing it N.O.W.
    xoxox
    Thanks for the kind words, loving thoughts and well wishes.
    I have the best sister ever! Wish you were here! (geez..that would have been a great title for a blog...)

    ReplyDelete