Monday, October 8, 2012

OCD + Recycling = Resourcefulness

For some reason, the recycling picked up from our house does not include glass.  With the amount of salads my husband and I eat, we go through many, MANY glass jars of dressing. 


I can't bear to throw them away.  But I also can't stand clutter or waste.

What to do...what to do...

Teachers are known for being resourceful.  So, after the last dollop of dressing has been scooped out, I put the jars in the dishwasher and am left with  clean, empty vessels of possibilities.  

Check it out: 


Air-tight containers to store bulk basil & rosemary 
from the spice shop in Chicago that we have shipped down here. 


Home made granola stays fresh and ready for 
quick nibbles with coffee or tea (or wine...please).


We also snack on pistachios & sunflower seeds, both of which need a place to rest and wait in between salty handfulls.

Wait! I'm not done yet! 


At work, I use the cleaned out dressing jars for office supplies. 
(Not shown: paper clips & erasers) 


And math manipulatives for small group activities.  

Would love to hear ideas for other creative uses for the blank slates that are my dressing jars! The city will not keep me from recycling them! 

--Court







No comments:

Post a Comment