Wednesday, August 21, 2013

8 Tracks



On our way to Lolla, my friend introduced me to “8 Tracks” a musical app that is similar to Pandora or Spotify in the sense that you can listen to music for free and it’s great for navigating many genres that peak your interest. The app allows you to browse THOUSANDS of playlists by genre and there is any kind of genre imaginable. Take “workout” for example. It doesn't stop there folks! From the “workout” section you go into running playlists, yoga playlists, kickboxing playlists, etc. You name it, they have it. Let me tell you, this app is the bomb. I could browse for hours and HOURS.

Recently,  I’m just wanting some cool, chill, new stuff to plug in and hammer out work (the office is buzzing like crazy with the upcoming Food Show season and I need to drown out everyone’s yapping with musica). This app is perfect. You can change your mood in an instant and go to another playlist or another genre entirely. I kinda wish you could see what the songs were called once you entered each playlist but they want you to wait and find out.

Anywho, here are some fun songs I’ve found since playing around with this app:

1. Awkward – San Cisco (Friday Nights playlists – found via explore, then hipster, then indie rock)

4. Big Jet Plane – Angus And Julia Stone (ironically found this just last week… great minds Court, great minds J - found via explore, then chill, then acoustic… playlist called “cold mornings”)

Obviously, I will have so many more amazing finds from this app. Can't wait to share!!

No comments:

Post a Comment