Thursday, August 29, 2013

Friday Five!


{hilarious couples shower invite with a Michigan State theme J}


This week was interesting. On Monday (and part of Tuesday actually) I felt sad, that kind of sadness that you can’t really pinpoint (the start of Fall allergies are not helping!). I came to the conclusion I was slightly depressed that the wedding this past weekend is over. I had been looking forward to the celebrations so much and for so long, and then, all of a sudden it was over in the blink of an eye. It dawned on me that these next 5 weeks are going to go by in a flash just like this past weekend did. But then, all at once, everything snapped back into focus. The sadness quickly faded when I realized that, in 5 weeks, after all of the planning, all of the excitement, all of the events, Max and I have an entire life to look forward to. Nothing sad about that!

Alright, onto the next unforgettable weekend! These next 4 days are going to be whirlwind. It’s a jam packed holiday weekend filled with amazing people and amazing memories:

FRIDAY – In just a few short hours Mom and I are East Lansing bound to kick of the start of the MSU football season! I always get so giddy for the first Michigan State visit of the season, but honestly, tonight… Spartans… under the lights! The B.E.S.T!! I’m going to show Momma a good time J GO GREEN!
SATURDAY – Max and I head back to Kalamazoo to celebrate my cousin and her fiancé at their couples shower. Multiple levels of shenanigans always shine through when this group gets together…
SUNDAY – We all pack the car(s) and head to Dowagiac for Max and my couples shower thrown by his brother and sister-in-law. Everything is becoming so real. I’m so excited to marry that kid I’m starting to lose sleep daydreaming about the big day!!

P.S. Court – I wish more than anything that you were here for all of this!

Have a happy and safe Labor Day weekend!

Friday Forte: Save the World - Swedish House Mafia Knife Party Remix 
(i know i already mentioned this song in my Lolla post, but it was the only thing that got me through the most difficult and final week of the plank challenge)



{caught up with Desert Noises + Chimney Choir at Founders}


{perfect for transitioning into Fall}


{testing out perfumes to pin down my “signature scent”}



{what I wouldn’t give to have this stool! Kinda kicking myself for not picking it up at the flea market… I know I know it doesn’t go with the décor, but it could have served as an accent piece?}

No comments:

Post a Comment