Monday, April 8, 2013

Monday Motivators!

 
These weeks are flying by quicker and quicker!
 This particular school year, I'm extremely thankful for that because I have much to look forward to in the coming months: 

*Visit from my good friend, Megan, who lives in California @ beginning of May
*Visit from baby sis and fiance @ end of May
*Possible move back to Chicago
*Possible start of new job (word should come within a month)
*Bridal shower for baby sis this summer
*Seeing family again this summer
*Middle school class trip with hubby's students to Chicago in June
*Vacation 

This will be an unusual week at work, as our students are taking their state tests. Everything stops cold.  All energy is focused on the testing and ensuring 100% test security. 

Major pressure on everyone. 

Yet, I still find the following motivators keeping me charged this week. 
I think I'll make it through. 











Brainstorming themes & details for a June bridal shower mom and I are putting on for Meggie.  



I've been getting pretty tired of the old ab video I use 
(same one I've been doing it for about 6 years now!). 

So I searched YouTube and found this one
Warning: the sound quality isn't professional and it's filmed in someone's home, BUT this chick is super fit, super motivated and she uses a timer. 
The workout is 10 moves in 10 minutes. You work for 50 seconds and then take a 10 second break. 
The moves are creative and really work you hard. 
It's worth a look.


Last week, I got new running shoes.  
The old ones had 460 miles on them, so it was time. 
They'll add to the motivation for weekday runs for awhile.


The free t-shirt with shoe purchase doesn't hurt either. 




Finally, I'm motivating myself for an interview I have tonight 
at a school at the spot shown above in red. 
The small image on the left is the state of Illinois. The larger image is the city of Chicago broken up into neighborhoods. You may remember the handy poster I have...


The South Loop, the neighborhood where we used to live (and hope to again) is not too far southeast from this location. If you look where it says "Pilsen" on the poster, that's pretty close to where we lived...then you can plainly see "Garfield Park" up and to your left...that's where this school is located...so it wouldn't be a bad spot to work. 

Anyway, if it's meant to be, it will be!
Wish me luck! 


Make it a fabulous week, everyone. 





No comments:

Post a Comment