Friday, April 26, 2013

Friday Five!



{All Day IPA + Founders Live Music = my favorite Thursday evening}

Things are looking up…. work, our house hunting goals, the weather, you name it. It’s amazing how one insignificant thing can change your whole outlook on…. well, everything! For me, it was hearing Sheryl Crow’s “Everyday is a Winding Road” on the way home from yoga Wednesday night. Honestly, not sure why, but I just started bellowing along and by the time I was home, my whole attitude towards the entire week had changed.

This weekend I’m heading to the country for the Maxey family (and friends) annual “Wild Game Day”, which will commence in Dowagiac on Saturday. In case you’re unfamiliar, “game” means food… aka animals hunted for sport. I find this slightly disturbing as I was not raised in a hunter family, so, as per usual, my contribution is portabella mushrooms. People hunt mushrooms apparently too, so I figure it’s appropriate. Such a different world I was raised in…

Even though I’m not a big fan of the premise of this weekend, it’s an event I look forward to every Spring. It’s always good country-bumpkin-fun, which I’ve found is good for a person’s soul from time to time, regardless of how much you try to fight it (which I did for years, and still do occasionally). It’s great food (hellloooo taco dip!), hilariously great people, and an overall great time. Never a dull moment in Dowagiac J


(makes me want to take a road trip)


{sifting through house listings that meet our criteria}


{Kashi Cereal + Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Coconut Milk… my favorite after workout snack}


{grandpa’s baby ring? started wearing this just for fun, but it’s turned into something a little more sentimental… grandpa’s trendy}


{gifted candy dish from the G-Rents – I foresee this on our kitchen counter for years and years to come}

No comments:

Post a Comment