Saturday, October 19, 2013

Friday Five!



{SNEAK PEEK: some wedding photo’s}


TGIF! Late last week, my boss pulled me aside and informed me that I had the “opportunity” to take on new responsibilities. This conversation was very familiar to me. It’s the same one I had a year and a half ago that lead to my promotion and position I’m in today. I immediately got excited and nervous all at the same time. On one hand, I was just starting to get the swing of my current job, we were coming to the end of our fiscal year and I loved my team (there is only one team I love more…). On the other hand, I thrive on new challenges and getting the opportunity to expand my resume. 

Although, these “opportunities” will forever make me hesitant given this last responsibly I took on did not at all turn out the way I was expecting or hoping (and still isn't). But you learn to roll with it and chalk everything up to “experience”. Well, what was presented to me last week turned out to be a mix of both. Long story short, I have accepted the task of helping out our logistics team for the next 4-8 weeks with issues they are having with the company I've been integrating with our corporate systems over the past 18 months. This was never a direction I expected to go… but one that I am embracing while I have the chance to explore new positions, gain experience, and build my portfolio even more.

So… my entire week has been spent training. 8 hours each day, 5 days straight. My mind is EXHAUSTED. I forgot how hard training is when you're the trainee! Oh well. I'm more than happy to help and motivated by the knowledge I'm gaining and recognition from departments outside my own. 

Anywho, three down, two to go! Tomorrow is my Cousin Lindsey’s wedding, the last one I'll be in for the year 2013. This weekend, the celebration will be held at Eesley Mill in Plainwell. I love the differences between all 4 weddings I've had the honor of standing in this year. Each beautiful, each unique, each fit the bride/couple to a T, and each an absolute blast. Can’t wait to watch everything come together tomorrow J

P.S. If I were to add an additional thing that made me happy this week it would be waking up in a heated home with a hot shower this morning! Home ownership :)

Friday Forte: Diamonds On the Soles of Her Shoes – Paul Simon (thanks to Emily of Cupcakes and Cashmere, this song will always make me grin at the memories of a beautiful wedding day)


{apple cider (in our new mugs), work and a fire to keep me warm throughout this cold Fall week}




{after much turmoil, the dress for this weekend FINALLY fits… BONUS: the necklace from last weekend is perfect for the emerald green number that I will wear in my cousin Lindsey’s wedding tomorrow}



{canned fresh goodness! i love local family... p.s. our landscaping projects have begun}

No comments:

Post a Comment