Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Welcome to the NEW Corporate Headquarters

The time has finally come! Tomorrow I get to pack up my desk in preparation for moving into the new Corporate Headquarters on Thursday. In the words of The Pointer Sisters, "I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it"! Don’t get me wrong, I’m extremely fortunate that my company has continued to grow, even through times where remaining status quo was considered a bonus in the business world. But here’s the deal, company growth = additional employees = busting-at-the-seams office building = claustrophobia. The lack of conference rooms and cubicle space has become an issue to say the least.
In our new building, we have excess amounts of formal and informal conference rooms equipped with state-of-the-art technology and furniture as well as brand new furniture in each personal work space (my desk has the option to go up or down depending on if I want to stand or sit!!). I’m especially looking forward to the WiFi capabilities throughout the entire 384,000 sq ft building for those warmer months when you just need to step outside for some fresh air, but don’t want to leave work completely.

I’m also looking forward to the majority of Grand Rapids employees all under one roof! Through my various roles as well as internships during my 4 ½ years in this company I have come to know many people and developed invaluable friendships with them. Through time, we’ve moved on to different roles and, in some cases, different buildings. I already began to map out where certain people sit so not to get lost when I need to escape my desk for some much needed chit-chat.

The daily workout won’t hurt either, since it will take approximately 8 minutes to walk from one end of the building to the other J

(some amazing coworkers decorated my cubicle for my birthday a couple of years ago)
(my most recent work home where I sat for just a few short months)

No comments:

Post a Comment