Thursday, September 13, 2012

Summer Shudder


Today I had a much anticipated half day due to a team outing in the afternoon. To celebrate, I began my morning with typical cup of coffee and splurging on a couple (maybe a few) pieces of chocolate. Note: If I could begin every day with chocolate, and not worry about the health implications (or my tendency to become addicted), I would.

(Cafe Du Monde mug, from my amazing sis, that brings a smile to my face every morning) 


I love work outings. I get the same rush as I did back in grade school when you were, for some reason or another, not in the typical class you would/should be at that time of the day. It feels dangerous, like I’m breaking the law…
This afternoon, I went with my team to the Grand Haven State Park. Back in April I took on a new role at my company, with brand new responsibilities as well as a brand new team. Since I have not gotten to know them very well, this was quite an interesting “team outing”. I love getting to know people based on how they interact during competitive situations. After playing beach volleyball for hours in what felt like 40 mile per hour wind, let’s just say that my legs were burning, my body was covered in sand and my co-workers and I grew closer together. As I, literally, felt the Fall air start to blow in, it wasn’t an ideal beach day, but it was the perfect way to end summer.

(deserted beach view in early afternoon)

Coming home to a “Love Letter Scavenger Hunt” was an amazing way to end my day. As the boy likes to say, “he’s always keeping me on my toes”.

(apparently I haven't even found them all...)



- Meg



No comments:

Post a Comment