Sunday, September 23, 2012

Lazy Weekend

Per this post, I was seriously craving what I consider a lazy weekend. This means no traveling to a different city, no plans, NO agenda. While I love a busy social calendar, I also enjoy the weekends filled with zero obligations, no matter how few and far between they may be. I thoroughly enjoyed marking some organizing projects off my to do list, and relaxing with cocktails and Revenge.
Another thing I was craving? Baked goods! I know that seems vague but really all I wanted was the batter! So when the mood struck I decided on cornbread since it reminds me of my childhood, when I used to come home from school to Courtney pulling out a double batch from the oven. Perfection.
(I’m pretty sure I ate at least one muffin worth of batter)
Since I forgot just how much I love cornbread (and cornbread batter, OOPS) I decided for my next batch I will try out this Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread recipe. This will impress Max :)
The highlight of my weekend? A solid 3 hour FaceTime session with my sister!
Coming up I look forward to a week full of yoga, dinners at home with Max, getting a much needed hair highlight and moving into my new corporate office on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment