Monday, October 13, 2014

David Gray @ Saenger Theatre



One of the main attractions when I was in New Orleans was seeing David Gray in concert! When the first weekend I attempted to fly down didn’t work out, I immediately searched out flights for the weekend I knew she was planning on this concert with her good friend, Lizzie. I bought my plane ticket and my concert ticket within minutes of each other and never looked back.

The evening began with Mexican at Velvet Cactus. This place was no joke! They served up margs and chips & queso with the best of them, and to top it off, we got fish tacos,(YUM) which were promptly washed down with another margarita (or two?). Did I mention the cheddar grits? No? Oh well let me tell you something, I never liked grits before this particular trip to NOLA, but now I’m a believer. I’m craving them as we speak!

Once we arrived at the Seanger, we were primed and ready for David Gray! He was unbelievable and reminded me a lot of City & Colour with the light show, and had the energy to keep the audience 100% engaged! BONUS: Since I bought my tickets later than Court my seats were in a different part of the theater, a much CLOSER part of the theater. And there just happened to be 2 seats open right next to me. Convenient, right?! Court, Lizzie and I could basically see the sweat on his face.


The concert was one for the books! The only bad news is, live music is a drug to me. I don’t know how much longer I can go without my next fix!!






















No comments:

Post a Comment