Monday, October 6, 2014

Marriage Diaries: Year #1


I know I’m being totally cliché and sappy when I say this, but this past year has truly best the best yet. Everything I ever loved, I now love more. Everything I ever thought I knew has now become more clear. It’s clear how much we’re in love. And it’s clear that we both made the right choice in choosing to live our lives together. I’m not going to say it was the easiest year, because it wasn’t. The fights were extremely intense at times, as now we are one unit, and what one person does, always affects the other. We both have that much more to lose. But we also have that much more to gain. That’s marriage. Even with all of that being said, I’ve never felt more in sync with a person. I’ve never felt more appreciated and loved and happy than I feel right now.

ONE YEAR DOWN!

Things I've learned:
  • He truly does control the remote 95% of the time. And I’m ok with that…
  • … as long as home décor is up to me (95% of the time!).
  • Having a ring on his finger is DAMN sexy
  • There is no way that either of us could EVER have married someone who wasn’t a Spartan grad. Just not an option…
  • The fights become more real. Now you’re fighting for something bigger…
  • Sleeping on the couch on a Friday night is totally acceptable if you’re just going to wake up and sit on it for hours the next day (this is especially true in the Winter)
  • He really, truly, won’t let me turn the heat up above 64 degrees in the house in the winter…
  • … BUT, my blood has adapted
  • We appreciate each other more. Being first time home owners and newlyweds we realized this year just how important it is to thank one another, even for the littlest things. It goes a long way…
  • We’re still crazy. And we would have it no other way...


That’s all folks… Until next year J

No comments:

Post a Comment