Thursday, February 14, 2013

Lovers Day




{surprise flowers at work}


Ok, seriously everything is more romantic when you’re engaged… am I the only one that feels this way? I’m not normally a lovey-dovey sappy person, but I tell you what, being engaged is so much fun! I know what they say, the honeymoon can only last so long, but I don’t care. I know things won’t always be like this, but in this moment, I can’t imagine life getting any better (well except for the sushi and champagne I have called ahead and set up that we’re about to enjoy here… yes we still go on dates to celebrate Valentines Day!). 

In honor of this Hallmark holiday, I decided to spruce up a lame Valentines post with a musical twist. The past few weeks, I've been listening to lyrics even more closely than usual. Here are some lyrics that have really hit home recently:


“And suddenly, you’ve done it all.
You’ve won me over in no time at all”


“When the rain set in we had nowhere left to go
So we just stayed in bed while the thunder rolled
There’s a comfort in the rain, one that only lovers know
So we lay hand in hand while the water rose”



“You’re the lullaby
That’s singing me to sleep
You are the other half
You’re like a missing piece”


“Like a perfect scene from a movie screen
We’re a dream come true”


“And you hold me in your arms
And all that I can see
Is my future in your hands”



“While you were sleeping I figured out everything,
I was constructed for you and you were molded for me"




I could honestly go on and on but that would bore you (Court hopefully this reminded you of some songs you may have forgotten or introduced you to some new jams).

Happy Valentines Day!


P.S. Happy Belated Birthday, Alisa!


images found here and here

No comments:

Post a Comment