Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Our 1-Year Photo’s



For every person I told about Max and I having one year photo’s, at least half of them responded with “that’s a thing?”. Given my obsession with reading blogs, in my mind, it was a thing. Is a thing. Always has been a thing! Apparently, I was wrong, but my thought was, why not? Max (reluctantly) agreed, but in the end we both had a so much fun together! I put my wedding dress back on and he was dressed “fancy disheveled” as I like to put it. One week after our actual anniversary back in October, Chelsea (Jenny & Matt’s wedding photographer) drove from Holland to have a simple one hour session in the comfort of our own home. 

I decided to choose three different set ups for the shoot: 1) our bedroom, casually laughing and playing, 2) our big beautiful kitchen table, cutting into strawberry cheesecake (what we served guests at our wedding) and sipping champagne, and 3) the living room, lit only by candles, reliving our first dance. It truly was a lot of fun! And no, I am not going to have a photo shoot every year. I wanted to do something to commemorate the first year of marriage, as it is so important and was such a special year for us (or maybe I just wanted to put my dress on again!).

I love how these photo's turned out. They are a completely different style than our wedding photo's, but I think that's why I love them so much. Don't get me wrong... I LOVE our wedding photo's, but these are different for a reason. There is no flashy wedding. Nothing fancy. These photo's are simple. They reflect us as a couple. Just us... in our home... doing what we do (besides the dress!). 





















No comments:

Post a Comment