Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Eastown Loves – Yoga in Wilcox Park


image via


Outdoor yoga was on my bucket list this summer. Honestly, I didn't like it all that much. I never felt like I worked up a sweat, the bugs got all kinds of annoying, and the children were taking over the class, which means the instructor didn't work us too hard. All of this combined means the part that I truly love about the type of yoga I practice is the HEAT! I would say that I do love the benefits that all type of yoga provides, mentally and physically, but I guess I don’t get the “spiritual” this-will-save-my-life kinda feeling unless I just sweat my heart out! Perhaps I need this sweat to prove that I've let go of something while practicing. Whether that’s simply an overall bad mood, a bad week or bigger picture badness, the sweat, to me, is proof of this. Letting go & moving forward. That’s what I like. And the sweat provides that and I always leave 2 pounds lighter and 1,000 times freer.

With that being said, I’m still glad I did it, something I've never done before and checked off the summer bucket list!


Next time I only hope I have the privilege of practicing on a sweltering day and not a mildly chilly [Sunday] evening. 








1 comment:

  1. I'd still try it...with bug spray..and NOT long pants. Looks really pretty and refreshingly different.

    ReplyDelete