Sunday, June 8, 2014

NYC - The Touristing



Jenny and I decided on the drive to New York that we were going to go all out. Don’t slow down, no sleep for the weak, DON’T STOP! We only had a limited time in the city (half of which was spent at the wedding), so there was no time to waste when it came to doing the tourist thing. So… we got to bed at 5am Saturday morning, then were up not so bright-eyed-and-bushy-tailed at 7:30 am. We splashed some water on our faces, and got ready to carpe diem the shit out of New York!

25 minutes later we were strolling through Central Park, Starbucks in hand! I must tell you. I felt great. The coffee went down great. It was a beautiful morning. The city was already buzzing. It was so inspiring and exciting! I couldn't get enough. We walked through the park for a while then ventured out onto Broadway, explored 5th avenue and got a breakfast bloody before meeting up with another friend that has just flown into town.

The touristing continued! We went to the Empire State building to see how damaging the line would be… we took our chances and were up and down within an hour. Being at the top of that building was AMAZING. You felt on top of the world. The entire city was at your feet. You could see the Brooklyn Bridge, Jersey, the Statue of Liberty. You could see it all. I could have plugged my music in and stayed up there for hours. But, the day moved forward and we moved on to the St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Rockefeller Center, Michael Kors (oops!) and TimesSquare before heading back to the apartment to get ready for the wedding. It was a nearly perfect day that I can only hope to relive one day.

I can’t express enough how much I love the city. I feel the most inspired in the city. I feel the happiest in the city. It’s where I feel most myself and I can’t wait for my next city adventure.  


Tourist Theme Song 
(this song is ridiculous but was fitting for the day)















{you reaaaal close and you can see the Statue of Liberty}


{Grand Central Station and Empire State buidling}

{St. Patricks Cathedral... every single part of this building is under construction... kinda a bummer but was still breathtaking nonetheless}








{Times Square is madness}


No comments:

Post a Comment