Sunday, September 29, 2013

Rhythm & Blues 5K--Take 2

These long hot summer months did a number on my running schedule. There were certain days I thought my peak running time was over.
Nope.

This was the second Tipitina's Rhythm & Blues 5K road race--both for the city and for me. Like last year, this was my first race of the season and I am officially re-committed!
[Bag of goodies and finisher's medal]

I love racing for the motivation to always be improving my running form, speed and balanced strength & health.

[Traditional pre-race snack. This was washed down with a 
cup of strong coffee & a bottle of water]

I'm so motivated that I've decided to run another half marathon, which will take place in February. This event will be on a much bigger scale than the first one I did, which was a local race.  About one month before Mardi Gras, I'll be joining a few of my friends and running the Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon  --New Orleans edition. Big cities all over the country hold Rock 'n' Roll Marathons, so this race will be packed with thousands and thousands of runners. (Chicago has one as well, so I'll try to keep up the tradition when we move back!).

[Post race refreshments: shrimp & grits and ice cold local beer]

[Ahhh...]


Last night, I finished the 3.1 miles with almost the exact same time as the same race last year. My official published time was 25:41, though my watch said 25:12. I'll stick to the latter.


No comments:

Post a Comment