Friday, September 6, 2013

NOLA Cafes: Cafe Luna

Most Fridays I have time in the afternoon to catch up on the pile of work that rapidly accumulates during the week. I start the morning with meetings and the afternoon is my "flex" time.
I know myself too much to think for one minute that I'd be productive at home...too many distractions...so I've decided to take advantage of this time and begin a New Orleans coffee shop tour.
There are so many places in this city that I run or drive past...always wondering what they look like inside and who has the best brew.

So, today I begin my series of NOLA Cafes. First up:  Cafe Luna on Magazine Street.



 [Front porch of the house provides a large work space with a pretty view]










[That's a real cappuccino]

Location: Awesome. Near my house (but far enough uptown that I feel like I'm away) and a stone's throw from Audubon Park.
Service: Awesome. The owner is super chill and remembered me from my last visit.
Atmosphere/Decore: Inside is super charming. Local art posted--and swapped out often. The whole cafe is literally an old Victorian house. It has a Southern, New Orleans feel and very different from a big city coffee shop.
Beverages: I have enjoyed both a cappuccino & an apricot iced tea, both yummy.
Food: I order a plain bagel and a piece of fresh fruit when I come (2 visits so far). I wish they had sandwiches or soup.


Score (1-5 cups):  Cafe Luna gets 4 cups! 

1 comment:

  1. They are so comfortable and so much better than the naff plastic alternatives. menstrual cup canada

    ReplyDelete