Tuesday, July 7, 2015

4th of July Weekend 2015 – Part 1


This year’s 4th of July festivities might have been my favorite of all time. The weekend felt like a never ending celebration and I soaked up every single second of it. Friday was full Grand Rapids summer fun from sun up until sun down, Saturday was epic and #lakelife continued through Sunday. It was perfect. Absolutely perfect. 

There are way too many pictures, so today I’ll stick to just Friday. I woke up bright and early to hit the pavement for an morning time jog. I’m not usually one to workout in the morning, but this particular Friday I had the urge to get in a good sweat sesh. Ok, moving on. After getting home I cleaned up and enjoyed blog reading, Netflix watching and coffee drinking until Max and I were ready to hit the town. We grabbed a couple cocktails on our way to the ZOO. That’s right, the zoo, something that’s been on my summer bucket list for a couple of years now can finally be checked off my list! We saw everything from lions to tigers to bears (OH MY), but my favorite was riding the camel. It was way uncomfortable but gave me an awesome rush and the sense that one day I should really REALLY make an effort to travel to the Middle East.

Once home we began preparing for the day ahead: Pudding shots & veggie dip.

Last, but not least, FireRock Grille fireworks. They get better and better every year!!


Stay tuned for more… 

{it wouldn't be a Meg & Max funday without some libations!}













{the camel was not a smooth ride!!}











No comments:

Post a Comment