Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Haserodt Spritz Cookies!



The. Best. Cookies. Ever. It’s all about the almond extract people. These cookies have been a tradition since I was born. The weekend following Thanksgiving, typically, is when my Grandparents and my family would get together and make up countless batches of these little guys. Some of my best holiday memories include baking cookies at my Grandparents house. It’s super easy! And now that I’ve watched Mom do it all by herself, I don’t see why this tradition can’t continue on with my kids and their kids and their kids (you get the point…).

Here’s the goods:
1 Cup of Sugar
1 ½ Cups of Butter
1 Egg
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
½ tsp almond extract (I prefer a whole tsp)
4 cups of flour
1 tsp of baking powder

Yields: 1 batch of cookies

Put all of this in a mixer. Go to town mixing! Let the dough sit overnight in the fridge to harden. In the morning, take the dough out to let thaw for a couple of hours. When you’re ready microwave for roughly 10 seconds until it feels like play dough J

Squeeze out the yummies onto a pan, decorate, then bake in the oven (@ 350 degrees). Enjoy!

p.s. Since I'm not the most eloquent person when it comes to describing recipes you can also visit here for more details. 





{2 batches... YUMMMM. I ate so much dough while making these I got nauseous)






No comments:

Post a Comment