Sunday, April 3, 2016

Wine Club #22 - Floral Wines


Oh Wine Club… my favorite night of the MONTH. The ladies came over to my house this month (because I lost… again….). But it’s all good cause I LOVEEEEE hosting and I LOOOOVEEEEEE showing off baby girl Rosie This month the theme was floral wines, which includes, but is not limited to:

Viognier: vibrantly floral white with orange blossom, honeysuckle, peaches and apricots
Chenin Blanc: honey, honeysuckle, straw, melon
Torrontes: orange blossom, citrus fruit, sweet tropical mango and peach
Muscat: musky perfume and ripe grapes
Gewürztraminer: full-bodied, roses, gardenias, honeysuckles, mangos, peaches and spices
Riesling: apple and floral bouquet
Arneis: fragrant white with peach, apple and pear aromas
Albariño: almonds, peaches, apples and flowers

So yeah, never knew “floral wines” was a thing but I had a fun time picking out a good bottle from World Market.

Side Bar: I can’t believe I walked out of World Market with only two bottles of wine… color me crazy but that’s never happened. So proud (I may or may not be on coffee number 4 as I write this… oops).

Anyway, back to the point. Wine Club was fabulous. The food was delish. The ladies are my fav. Rosie was her adorbs self. The evening was a TON of fun. Friday was rough… I don’t think I could handle this night more than once a month! We sure go for it when that glorious night is upon us.

Cheers friends and until next month J









2 comments:

  1. This is so much fun, I'm dying to start a wine club with my girlfriends this spring!! And interesting... didn't know flower wines were a thing either, plus your spread. Nom, nom! xo

    By The Shore, Life + Style

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gewürztraminer was my first favorite grown-up wine fave! Super rich, but full and yummy! I'll definitely join y'all whenever I move back up north! xo

    ReplyDelete