Friday, November 20, 2015

City and Colour @ Metro Chicago


It was Alyssa’s birthday weekend so already we were in high spirits! I took a half day from work to hit the road early (didn’t want to chance ANY delays). I arrived in Chicago about two hours before she even got out of work. I immediately booked it to Tweet, my new favorite brunch location (turned gay club at night), for a couple cocktails while I waited. I FaceTimed with family, I chatted it up with bartenders and I studied up even more on Dallas’s new album, If I Should Go Before You. Once back at the apartment, we quickly got read, cheers’ed the birthday girl and were off to Fat Cat, an awesome restaurant bar uptown Chicago (note: if you’re ever there, get the PORK BELLY NACHOS… you won’t be disappointed).

Then it was off to Metro! After getting yelled at by some (a) people that we were trying to squeeze to close to the front (sorry dude, you’re 6 foot… deal with it!) we found our sweet spot a few rows back from the stage. It was a pretty packed venue, but I liked the vibe. I felt that many people there were super fans, and I appreciated that.


What can I say about Dallas Green?! He’s absolutely spectacular. By far best live music I’ve ever heard. He gets better each time (see my first concert experience here)!! I can’t wait to see him again (in GRAND RAPIDS) at the end of January!!


















1 comment:

  1. This is a most definitely wonderful web internet website. I am a regular site visitor of your web site in addition to you never ever before disappoint me with your material.
    Best Cordless Electric Lawn Mower

    ReplyDelete