Tuesday, November 24, 2015

A Snowy pre-Thanksgiving in the Zoo!


This past weekend was the kickoff of the holidays! Max and I celebrated Thanksgiving with my family in Kalamazooo anxiously awaiting the arrival of Court, Hector and my niece and nephew! We relaxed, cocktail-ed, chili-ed, euchre-ed, Thanksgiving feasted, saw Mockingjay Part 2, and cheered on MSU's victory over Ohio State. Saturday was a blizzard, so unfortunately sissy couldn't arrive until Sunday, but we didn't miss a beat and took full advantage the rest of the day with each other. We spent the early afternoon bounding all around the snowy backyard with puppies (and taking lots of selfies) before heading back to Grand Rapids for a family potluck at Trailpoint brewing. 

All in all a pretty good weekend. I love the holidays! Sometimes they bring out the stress, but I always try my best to overlook all that, move on, and really be in the moment during the most wonderful time of the year.


Cheers everyone! 







{look down... look down.., SMILE!} 








1 comment:

  1. Nooooooo!!! Why does our time together go by so quickly?! I had so much fun with you, Meggie! We are always treated so well at Casa de Maxey! Glad we covered all of our bases in such a short (too short) amount of time. Looking forward to lots and lots of extra SFTS's in the next month! xoxoxoxoxoxxo

    ReplyDelete