Sunday, July 6, 2014

Tegan and Sara @ Fred Meijer Gardens


I was lucky enough to see Tegan and Sara once before… but I was never able to see an entire set of theirs. Last weekend, I changed that. I co-worker overheard me saying that I REALLY wanted to go see them live in concert at the Fred Meijer Gardens Amphitheater, but no one was available or fans of the twin sister band. Hannah, generously offered me her extra ticket, that she had bought for her husband that morning only to find out that he had no interest in seeing them. Bummer for her, not for me!

We had a blast! I arrived a little early to grab a drink and walk around the gardens a bit (although I will need to make a special trip to see more, it ‘s so beautiful).  By the time I got through the line and into the amphitheater, grabbed a drink walked around and got in the merchandise line, Hannah had arrived and it was almost time for the first band, The Courtney’s to take the stage.


Tegan and Sara was up after a second opening act. The crowd went wild and they proceeded to put on a great show! I would absolutely see them again. The performance and their interaction with the crowd is always a great time. This time was more fun that Lollapalooza last year. The crowd wasn't stopping in then heading off to their next show. We were all seating in our lawn chairs or rushing the stage. The concert overall felt more intimate. Like everyone there was a part of something special. There is not much that tops the feeling of seeing an outdoor summer concert!  











No comments:

Post a Comment