Friday, July 11, 2014

Friday Five!

{damn straight}
____________________________________

I always hate the week after the 4th of July. You don’t have any scheduled holiday vacation days for a few months, the excitement of the long weekend is over, I’m usually tired from a little too much holiday partying, and let’s be honest, summer REALLY starts flying once the 4th has come and gone. It’s like a blink of an eye and you’re busting out those damn Uggs again. I always tell myself to really enjoy the season and not take it for granted, but it never fails. This is the beginning of the end! And we all know it.

This was extremely apparent with the weather Sunday night leading into Monday morning. Apparently, a tornado decided to say hello to Grand Rapids roughly two blocks from our house (no sirens went off which made me feel even more safe… NOT!). This, coupled with the house-shaking thunder, 100 mile per hour winds, crazy rain storm and zero power, made for an awesome entrance into the week! Not to mention I had to seriously re-evaluate my alarm situation when I failed to wake up on time the first 3 days of the week. Awesome.

I tried giving myself a pep talk early this week when my Monday morning blues were kicking in hard! It hasn’t quite worked yet, but hey, it’s the weekend! I have 2 whole days off before I have to fight the blues again J The rest of this month I hope to find solace in our lack of plans, and use it as a way to truly unwind and take things slow. I want to take in the season and take in my home. Fly by the seat of my pants and all that jazz.

I’ll check back in a week and let you know if I took my own advice or if I’ve already gone stir crazy and made plans to fill the month…




{prettifying the outdoors… a little late in the season but better late than never}

{delish strawberry-blueberry mojito made w. fresh mint from our backyard garden made for a truly magical Sunday Funday)}

{fluffy goodness for the master bedroom… grand reveal coming next month (hopefully!)}

{a quick stop by Martha’s Vineyard – best wine selection in the city!}

No comments:

Post a Comment