Saturday, October 31, 2015

MSU takes Ann Arbor!


A couple of weeks ago I tailgated in Ann Arbor for the first time in 5 years. The last time I made an appearance was when I was graciously given free tickets to the Michigan v. Michigan State game by a vendor in 2010, my first and only trip to the Big House (as much as I hate to admit it, the Big House is COOL!). I’m not gonna lie, I really like Ann Arbor! Every time I’m there it’s such a blast visiting local eateries, bars, breweries, etc. Beside the rivalry, U of M really is a fun place to hang out.

The day was really fun overall. After toasting the rivalry it was off was off to the golf course… the tennis courts of Ann Arbor. We saw the team drive by while tailgating in the parking lot (at a pretty exclusive spot if you ask me), we did mini photo shoots all around the U of M stadium, and we mingled with fellow fans. Then it was time to battle! I’m proud to announce that MSU finished on top (in case you missed it, watch the epic last play here). Unfortunately I couldn’t exactly celebrate the way I wanted (since I was surrounded by livid and on-the-verge-of-tears  U of M fans), so I sat silently smiled and responded to the countless texts I was receiving as the world crumbled for those around me. Ten minutes after the game, Max called (from his tree stand) and I screamed into the phone once I was safely away from the Wolverines. It was a pretty cool night.

After watching this truly magical display of football rivalry we were off to dinner and relaxing. I love weekends that are equal parts busy and laid back.

See you soon Ann Arbor!! 




















3 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun, Meggie! Love the first picture. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun, Meggie! Love the first picture. Love.

    ReplyDelete