Friday, January 31, 2014

Friday Five!


{gorgeous winter sunrise - from inside my office!}


I really love vacations. I love the sun. I love getting away. Oddly, I love plane rides (I get stupid excited over packing my carry-on). I love traveling. I love exploring. But, honestly, above all, I love being home. Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely agree with the occasional getaway to recharge batteries and unwind, but the second I walked through our front door after our drive home from the Chicago airport, which at times was terrifyingly blizzard-y, I was SO happy. Maybe it’s because the drive was so scary that I just wanted to be on solid ground. Maybe it’s because I love my bed. Maybe it’s because we’ve been going non-stop since we moved into our house and haven’t had the chance to really enjoy it. Who knows?  The vacation was the best of my life, but I was relieved to not have a bad case of the post-vacation blues, and in fact feel joy when I returned home and to real life.

This week went by fast, just in time for another weekend. It’s bittersweet to have all of those festivities behind us, but exciting for everything else. Life is exciting. I can’t wait to see what happens next.  


Happy Chinese New Year!


Friday Forte: 
(pretty much listened to this song on repeat during the honeymoon)



{yay! These little guys have been on the wishlist for years! Thanks Mom!!}


{chop chop! Finally took the plunge and cut my hair shorter than it’s been since middle school! I’m hell bent on learning how to style it}



{my favorite corner in the whole house}



{all gray outfit with a pop of pink… oh hey look the bathroom floor got the memo}

No comments:

Post a Comment