Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Circuit Training – Monthly Fit Test




Let’s start the year off with a bang, shall we?! When my group at work was doing the Insanity challenge, we had an every-three-week “fit test” to track our progress. This reminded me of “conditioning tests” we would have when I was a gymnast. I HATED those. They were the most dreaded thing about my entire quarter. But for some reason, I liked the Insanity fit test. I think it’s because as a gymnast, we were required to do as many of each move as we could in sitting, without stopping. So literally until you drop (we’d do pushups until we dropped then we would have to move over to the bars and do pullups until we dropped, etc etc etc.). It was pure torture. BUT, the Insanity fit test is different. It’s still tough, but at least there is an end in sight. The object of the game is to do as many of each individual move as you can in 1 minute (there are 8 total moves).

This is way more doable in my book.

So with that being said, let’s do this people! Start off in January! End each month with this workout and track your progress throughout the year. You can do this test as much as you like (I’m planning on once a month). In general, this “test” is just a good overall workout and tracking your progress is a bonus fun way of challenging yourself J But don’t be discouraged if you have good months and bad months…. That’s just how the game goes.

You can download your very own sheet right here

Your task, if you choose to accept it (come on Court, you know you're intrigued)... you can view the video here! P.S I totally recommend using the video because I think it keeps me in line and makes me work harder!

Good Luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment