Saturday, March 9, 2013

Serendipitous Playlist

I was recently cleaning my apartment, listening to Pandora's Boxer Rebellion station.  For the first time in a long time (and by long, I mean, like, back in high school, when I listened to the radio in my bedroom at my parents' house...) an endless string of songs I love began to play...



I couldn't believe my ears.

Seriously...this is not joke. One after the other, back-to-back, a song came on that I adore. Some were long lost loves that had slipped my mind and others were regulars on my iPod.

It reminded me of this image I've been saving.


Here are the songs I was wrapped up in on that blissful, serendipitous day: 

1. These Walls are Thin-Boxer Rebellion
2. You Could be Happy-Snow Patrol
3. Yellow-Coldplay (this happens to be my favorite song of all time)
4. Sweet Disposition-Temper Trap
5. I Want You-Third Eye Blind
6. Sparks-Coldplay
7. All the Go Inbetweens-Silversun Pickups
8. Black Hole Sun-Soundgarden
9. Twenty-Two Fourteen-Album Leaf (*amazing*)
10. The Funeral-Band of Horses (who I just learned will be here in NOLA for Jazz Fest at the end of April...along with DMB!)


My already wonderful mood suddenly spiked to an almost euphoric high. 

                               

DONE.


It was--I'm confident--something that will only happen a few more times in my life...this perfect coincidence. 

Everyone deserves to have this happen to them at least once in their lifetime. 

Happy listening! 












No comments:

Post a Comment