Wednesday, December 19, 2012

My Kinda Seasonal - December Music Edition



As I mentioned in this post I tend to change my go-to playlist around based on the month or season. Songs may guest appear for a specific month because it was popular around that time or season, it’s an actual seasonal song, it was on a T.V. show I saw… the list goes on and on.
 
For the month of December in particular I have A LOT of songs that come to mind. The obvious being Christmas songs (duh) but this month for many years of my life was first semester FINALS time. This means countless hours in the library/coffee shop/dinner table studying. I personally would much rather study with a soundtrack of music in the background rather that the bickering chit-chat of the sorority girls on the second floor of the library, to which they considered their personal living room (more gossiping went on than studying). And while I did enjoy a friendly Monster break here and there, more often than not, I wanted to get-in-get-out.
 
Here is a list of songs that are currently gracing my “seasonal” playlist. Whether they came from countless hours of studying, a T.V. show, the radio, or random Pandora finds, these songs hold a special place in my heart this month:
 
1.  The General Specific – Band of Horses
2.  Wonderwall – Ryan Adams
3.  Dice – Finley Quaye
4.  Don’t Forget Me – Way Out West
5.  Existentialism on Prom Night – Straylight Run
6.  Day Old Hate – City and Colour
7.  Abandon Your Friends – From Autumn to Ashes
8.  Silvia – Miike Snow
9.  Littleblood – Division Day
10. La Vie Boheme – Rent (really anything from the Rent soundtrack)

BONUS Track: Hanging On – Ellie Goulding (Feat. Tinie Tempah)**

** This is a song that I am currently obsessed with and wanted to share. I’ve listened to it so much over the past 2 weeks that it will probably be on my December playlist come 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment