Sunday, March 20, 2016

Women’s Foodservice Forum - Dallas, Texas

I mentioned in my last couple of Friday Five’s that I would be attending the Women’s Foodservice Forum Annual Leadership Development Conference in Dallas, Texas. The trip was even more amazing than I thought it would be. I’m not going to bore you with TOO many details about the seminars themselves.  Let’s just say it was an incredible uplifting experience for me personally as well as for my career. I could only be so lucky to attend again next year…

Some key call-outs:

The opening session had speakers such as AnnCompton and Candy Chang (I was EXTREMELY inspired by Candy Chang’s presentation as the founder of the Before I Die” project). I’m looking into starting this wall here in Grand Rapids… stay tuned J Other general keynote speakers included (but were not limited to) Ann Maria Chavez (CEO of Girl Scouts of the USA), Nely Galan (Independent Producer), Dr.Elizabeth Lombardo (author and celebrity psychologist) and Arianna Huffington (author and co-founder and editor-in-chief of The Huffington Post).

In addition, these are the breakout seminars I attended (in case you’re interested):
  •       Keys to Successfully Building your Network with Chris Helder
  •       Go Big or Go Home: Breakout Success Strategies for Gutsy Women with Kate White
  •       Leading with Purpose: Becoming an Influential Leader with Eric Boles
  •       Humor That Works: How to be More Productive, Less Stressed with Andrew Tarvin
  •       Just Say It! Make Any Conversation Easy with Shari Harley
  •       Thriving in the Age of Distraction with Curt Steinhorst
  •       3 Distinct Challenges of Living in an Information Rich World with Curt Steinhorst


















1 comment:

  1. Wow. That sounds (and looks) amazing-- and I'm so glad that my baby sis could attend something that feeds her soul so much. I recently attended a conference that lifted me up in parallel ways and can completely relate to the high you're no doubt still on.
    While our professions could not be more different, there were still a few of the sessions you attended that I'd have gone to myself: 1) Humor That Works: How to be More Productive, Less Stressed with Andrew Tarvin. 2) Thriving in the Age of Distraction with Curt Steinhorst. 3) Distinct Challenges of Living in an Information Rich World with Curt Steinhorst. So, next time we chat, you must tell me more about them.
    Also, if you start a "Before I Die" wall in GR, you must tell me. I cannot believe you got to see her in person and that we now have that shared inspiration. Her (podcast) talk touched me deeply. I can't imagine what it must have been like in person.
    xo, Baby Sister: Woman Warrior

    ReplyDelete