Thursday, May 7, 2015

Springtime Eastown Exploration



A couple weekends ago, my girl Emily ventured from the lake shore to explore Grand Rapids for the day. As I've said time and time again, I LOVE exploring Grand Rapids. So much newness and so little time! The places we visited weren't new to Grand Rapids, but new both of us (for the most part).

We started off with mimosas at my house to plan our agenda for the day and quickly decided that food was an immediate need. Since Emily had never been to Donkey, it was decided within seconds we would start our adventure there, and then walk to surrounding shops and bars. Once we were satisfied by margaritas & tostadas, we got our cardio in by SHOPPING! We visited Rock Paper Scissors thrift store, Peninsula Trading and the Mitten State (amount others).

By that point, we were definitely in the mood to fill our beer quota for the day, so Harmony (mmmm Grapefruit Moon!) was a must! While in the area, we noticed a few more shops and bars we had never been to, so we checked those out as well. Why not, right?! This was a Carpe Diem kinda day!!

All in all, I marked six places off my “explore Grand Rapids” bucket list (my favorite being Eastown Sports Bar & Grill!). I love days like this and can’t wait to share some of my finds with Max (who was off gallivanting up north at the time… he’s such a boy…). I’m already planning a future exploration attack on the city.


Next up: Comstock Park? (TBD)









{FINALLY macaron's are coming to Grand Rapids!!!}











{after a day like this, what else sounds like more fun than DANCING! unfortunately there was a private party being held in Club Eve of the BOB but oh well... we made the most out of our day. It was pretty epic...}


5 comments:

  1. All of those places look so fun and different! And what's with all of those plants?! I hope you got one! And, um, those mugs from The Mitten State. One red one, please. How far is this magical world from your house? Glad you had fun w/ your gal :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll take you to that plant store when you're in town next weekend! This magical world is about 15 minute away and I plan on exploring all of it with you :) Yay for sister exploring time! Can't. WAIT!! Kisses!

      Delete
  2. Such a fun day with you! I loved the Eastown Bar too, that was my fave. :) Wish we would've gotten a picture together, guess we were just too busy GR-hoppin' to snap one, haha.

    Already anticipating the trip you make this way! Although Comstock Park would be fun too. xo, Em

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had SO much fun with you friend! We'll definitely get pictures when we do our Holland Day :)

      Delete
    2. I had SO much fun with you friend! We'll definitely get pictures when we do our Holland Day :)

      Delete