Wednesday, May 20, 2015

NRA 2015


Last weekend I went my first weekend business trips since in my new job. Well, really it’s the only weekend business trip we have all year. I was completely fine giving up my weekend for this event. I've been once before in the past and it always proved to not only be a great education, but also a GREAT TIME! Usually we’re able to have a fun combination of work and play. This year was no exception.

The NRA show (National Restaurants Association) is an annual event in the United States and is an “international foodservice marketplace” that provides “opportunities for buyers and sellers to come together, conduct business and learn from each other”. Most manufacturers are in attendance (anything from china to hot dogs!) as well as distributors (ME!), brokers, etc.Typically, we meet with our current vendors to take a look at their latest and greatest products, as well as other potential vendors, and bring those notes back to our home base. The show also provides many seminars for additional learning's (we did not attend any of those this year).

Saturday afternoon we let loose and caught a baseball game! This was my second Cubs game and I loved it! The first Cubs game I went to I was on one of the rooftops across the street, but I didn't have as much fun. I didn't feel like I was in on the action! After the game we hopped across the street in Wrigleyville where watched Run Forest Run at the Cubby Bear (I LOVE 90’S COVER BANDS!) until it was time for our dinner reservations at Shaws. Delicious food and great conversation was had, until all of us decided we would fall asleep in our desert if we didn't hit the hay.

Sunday we walked the show some more and caught the train home to sleep in our own beds! Such a fun (and exhausting) weekend! Gotta love business trips… 


{we took the train from Michigan City right into McCormick Center}

{always loved the fountains at McCormick Center}






{fancy shmancy new product...}

{the Anheuser Busch tent!}

{i have a weird obsession with fake food... it's so cute!} 














{Click here to be able to actually read this map! And I recommend you do so. It shows total restaurants per state as well as total employees of restaurants per State. Fun facts!}



1 comment:

  1. Glad you had such a great time on at a work event. They reallly take care of you! Hooray for CCs. Boo for Cubs. Go Sox.
    xo

    ReplyDelete