[Runner's High is real, people]
...and the more miles in the race, the longer it lasts. It's been 48 hours, and the highlights are still replaying in my head. Mainly because of the music I had filling my head and my heart as my 4th half marathon came and went. I'll be sharing a play-by-play of Saturday's race later this week.
I crafted this playlist from my very favorite songs. Songs that make me feel happy and strong and badass. Songs that I love singing at the top of my lungs until I'm lost and the world around me falls away. You won't find angry 90s rap or slasher metal (those tunes were chosen to conclude the race), only what I needed to get through the first half of this half.
This Monday, I've got both the lasting effects of the race and the lingering melodies of some awesome music carrying me through the week. Before I know it, I'll be able to start running again (ahem...like, tomorrow) and preparing for my next half marathon, just 48 days away.
So, get those earbuds nice and snug and crank the volume.
Rock on, y'all.
1. Sleepwalking, Chain Gang of 1974
2. Somewhere Else Tonight, Mansions on the Moon
3. Magic, Coldplay
4. Time, Hans Zimmer (from the movie Inception)
5. Brain, Banks
7. Midnight City, M83
8. Looking Too Closely, Fink
9. It's Not Too Late, Mansions on the Moon
10. More Than Nothing, Mansions on the Moon
11. Yellow, Coldplay (Live in Sydney)
12. Intro, The XX
13. Silhoettes, Of Monsters and Men
14. Atlas, Coldplay
15. Flying Over Bus Stops, Athlete
16. Grow Till Tall, Jonsi
17. Bullet With Butterfly Wings, Smashing Pumpkins
18. Cherub Rock, Smashing Pumpkins
19.Black Hole Sun, Soundgarden
20. Song 2, Blur