Friday, February 26, 2016

Friday Five!


{cuddling with my newest best friend}
________________________________________

You know when you have those weeks where on Monday you wake up and you just tell yourself that nothing will go wrong in the next five days, because you can't remember the last time you had 5 perfect days in a row... then of course you put so much pressure on those days that there is no way they will EVER meet your expectations? Had one of those weeks... but oh well, life goes on and there's always another Monday right around the corner to try again!!

Anywho, whatevs, happy Friday everyone! On another note, last Monday I started a “No Spend Month” for myself. Basically, I’m trying not to spent any unnecessary monies… groceries, birthday presents, etc were not off limits, only things that are seen an unnecessary spending. Instead, I’m logging all of the things that I “think” I want to buy throughout the 4 weeks (for example, I really wanted a mug that says something about just staying home with my cat…) in my Wunderlist app. I am very interested in seeing how many of these “wants” are on this list at the end of the 4 weeks. So far I’m almost halfway there and have 6 things… at the end of this trial I'm going to allow myself to buy one of the things on my list. Not only am I tracking money saved, but also I’m tracking all of the things that I’ve made note of and no longer want after 4 weeks. Fun experiments indeed!

I must admit, I did have H&M money to spend from Christmas, but I spent less than $4.00 total (after gift cards). So maybe that helped with my itch, but hey, still minimal money out of our pocket!

Have a good weekend everyone!


Friday Forte:




{meow}

{baby girl Jessalyn graced us with her presence last week and I couldn’t be more excited to finally meet her a couple of days ago! She’s a beauty! Mama, baby and daddy are adjusting great J}

{we also made this corner of our house even more cozy J}

{visited the Waldron Public House}

1 comment:

  1. Love your saving experiment! Think I'm going to try that myself. Also, just got wunderlist app...amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete