Saturday, December 7, 2013

2013 Turkey Day Race!

It's been far too long since I ran a road race! Now that we're settled in the house, I'm hoping to get back to my once a month routine until next summer.

I love the local Thanksgiving Day race because it's not a 5K, it's a 5 MILE race! It's an awesome workout to prepare for a day of carefree eating!




Jogged past the swamp on my way to the starting line.

Lovely cypress trees at City Park


Very busy race here. Many locals bring their traveling family members to the event.

The beer line was way too long, so I stuck with my favorite sports/energy drink which is served after most NOTC  races. 

Not a bad time. Haven't raced in a couple of months. Hopefully next week's time will be a tad better. 


I'm back in my groove! Ready for next week's race, which is the 5K version of the same race I ran for my first half marathon exactly one year ago. I hope the weather stays chilly...that seems to be when I do my best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment