Wednesday, November 21, 2012

LOST & FOUND

There aren't many things better in life than re-discovering songs you used to be obsessed with.

By obsessed, I mean you played these songs on repeat on your stereo or walkman or discman or iPod for an hour or more at a time.
Songs that connected to something or someone so big in your life that the very. first. note. could instantly send you back.

These songs are the great loves of your life. They are (or were at the time) such a part of who you were, they'll never truly be gone from your mind. 

I've been setting the iPod on shuffle on my last few runs, and stumbled on the following past (and now, once again, present) loves of my life: 

  • I Want You----Third Eye Blind                                            
  • Sullen Girl----Fiona Apple                                       
  • The Funeral---- Band of Horses                       
  • The New Pollution----Beck                             
  • Paperweight----Joshua Radin & Schuyler Fisk                                                          
  • Strawberry Swing----Coldplay                                                
  • Pay For What You Get----Dave Matthews Band                                        
  • Here I Dreamt I Was An Architect----The Decemberists        
  • Brothers on a Hotel Bus----Death Cab For Cutie                              
  • Torch---- Alanis Morissette                                                                   
  • Here With Me----Dido                                                 
  • Only Got One----Frou Frou                                               
  • Reverend Girl----The Verve Pipe                                                                    
  • Black Hole Sun----Soundgarden                                            
  • Smells Like Teen Spirit----Tori Amos               
Some are from as early as high school, some from college, and the rest bring me up to the past couple of years. This is now my newest playlist that I will cherish until I am reunited with more reminders of my past. 

Some are likely very familiar and likely on your playlist...but hopefully there will be a few new finds for you.

Or you could even take a little journey of your own in your music library. 

Happy reminiscing! 


No comments:

Post a Comment